As we have already discussed the need of RAM in our previous article. Every year the tech companies are increasing RAM on their smart devices. In the recent case, we have 3-4 GB RAM in a smartphone.
If we talk about a decade back, we used to have the laptops or desktops with Megabytes of RAM and few Gigabytes of storage. But, the scenario has changed quite a lot, now 4GB of RAM is not enough for a smartphone, not even for high-end smartphones.
As 3-4 GB of RAM was becoming a standard, if we talk about the current situation. What if any company comes up with 8GB of RAM in a smartphone. ZTE, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer has announced their new flagship with 8 GB of RAM, which may be the most powerful phone to come out of China yet.
ZTE Nubia Z17 is also the first to support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+ and second phone to have 8GB of RAM. Talking about the quick charge, it will charge the battery to 50% in 25 minutes. Additionally, it is also water resistant, has IR Blaster and supports Dolby Atoms. The phone comes in Blue, Black, Gold, Red and Black & Gold colors. The Z17, which is currently only available in China, will start at CNY2, 799 ($411) for a 6GB +64GB of storage version, and top out at CNY3, 999 ($583) for the 8GB +128GB of storage option.
Talking about the camera, it has Dual 23MP + 12MP camera at the rear and 16MP for selfies. Internals are Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835, Octacore CPU an Adreno 540 GPU. To backup such internals, it has 3200mAh non-removable battery.
Major Specifications: ZTE Nubia Z17
- 5-inch, full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Android v7.1.1 Nougat with Nubia UI 5.0 on top
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 6 or 8 GB of RAM
- 64 or 128 GB Internal Storage
- 23 MP + 12 MP rear-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture
- 16 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 3,200 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0
- Color(s) available: Soft gold, Black gold, Blue, Red, Black
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor