Discovered by a Redditor, the YouTube has a new secret, you can enable the YouTube Dark Mode. The secret mode appears to be available solely on the latest reiteration of Chrome (version 57 and above). After enabling, this mode will automatically enable in the remainder of the website, including homepage and the channels pages.
Here are the steps to activate it:
- Open the chrome developer tools tab
- Press Ctrl + Shift + I or F12 tab in Windows
- Option + Cmd + I in Mac
- Then select Console tab
- In the console tab, paste the following text:
- hit enter
- Close the developer tab, and refresh the page, still, you will see the white screen, which is slightly different than usual layout.
- Then toggle ‘Dark Mode’ on from the main settings
Now, you are done. Try it, it’s kind of fun though.