As the rumors were floating around regarding the launch of Xiaomi Note 2, which eventually came true. Today, Xiaomi launched new Mi Note 2 in Beijing, China. Mi Note 2 resembles the Samsung’s Note 7, because of its curved edges of its screen. The Note 7 resemblance extends to the rounded fingerprint sensor, which appears to be embedded beneath the glass. This is the first non-Samsung smartphone to have curved edges.
As expected, the Mi Note 2 has everything you’d imagine from a high-end phone. The design is an eye-pleasing symmetrical design that converges into a metallic frame. the glass back of the Mi note 2 is also curved which gives you a perfect grip. Taking the curved screen into consideration, Note 2’s body to screen ratio is 77.2%, a figure that’s held down by the sizeable top and bottom bezels.
Technical Specification of Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 5.7-inches (~77.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- 100,000:1 contrast ratio
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- Quad-core (2.35 GHz Kryo & 2X1.6 Ghz Kryo)
- 64GB, 4Gb RAM or 128 GB with 6GB of RAM
- 5 MP, f/2.0, face detection, autofocus, dual –LED (dual tone) flash
- 2160p @ 30fps (4K), 1080p @ 30fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- DAC that enables 24bit/192kHz audio,
- A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
- Fast battery charging: 83% in30 min (Quick charge 3.0)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4070 mAh battery
- Reading Mode
- Black Gold, Silver
As usual, Xiaomi is keeping the price of the Mi Note 2 at a very decent level, at least in China.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 4GB / 64GB: 2799 yuan : (~$415)
- 6GB / 128GB: 3299 yuan : (~$490)
- 6GB / 128GB Global: 3499 yuan : (~$515)
It is yet to be clear, what’s the difference between Global and Chinese version. Why are the prices so much different?
Will you buy this phone? Tell us what do you think about the phone, in the comment box below: