After a quite lot rumors and leaks, the Xiaomi launched the Mi 8, along with Mi 8 SE and Mi 8 Explorer in an event in China, yesterday. So, let’s talk about the Xiaomi Mi 8 price, specifications, features and availability.
The Mi 8 comes with 6.21-inch OLED screen from Samsung, 1080X2248 pixel resolution and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass display, a notch on the top. The cutout is used for an in-house infrared solution for 3D Face Unlock that works in a dark environment. Further, it has a four-way curved glass back -panel with aluminum holding both screens together.
Inside, there is a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 processor, which is the latest and best SoC from the company, octa-core CPU clocked at 2.8GHz. The processor is coupled with 6GB RAM, with 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage options. There is no another option/variant in terms of RAM capacity.
The optics department is also quite the mouth-watering feature. There is a dual camera setup as the primary shooter, with 12-megapixel, f/1.8 aperture + 12-megapixel, f/2.4 aperture. 2X optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection, autofocus, dual-LED flash are some features. Similarly, for selfies, there is a 20-megapixel sensor on the front with f/2.- aperture. It brings AI features enhancement for over 200 scenes and does 4-in-1 pixel binning for better low-light shots. The primary sensor is IMX363 by Sony, while the secondary is S5K3M3 by Samsung.
Mi 8 will come with dual-frequency GPS. That means this GPS receiver provides a greater level of accuracy than currently used sensor. The technology was announced at a conference by Broadcom, last year. The Broadcom says the new technology will provide 30-centimeter accuracy instead of 5-meter.
The phone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo, MIUI 10 on the top. To back up the internals, there is a Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery, with fast charging (Quick Charge 4.0+) feature. The device will be available from 5th June, at $421 (Approx. Rs. 44,500 only ) starting.
- Display: 21 inches Super AMOLED capacitive screen, 1080 x 2248 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845, Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo), MIUI 10
- Memory: 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS, dual-pixel PDAF) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 1/3.4″, 1.0µm)
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP (f/2.0, 1.8µm), 1080p
- Sensors: Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, DUAL GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C 1.0 reversible
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery, Quick Charge 4.0+
- Colors: Black, Blue, White and Gold