Along with Xiaomi Mi 9, the company also unveiled another cheaper version, Xiaomi Mi 9 SE. It measures 5.97 inches, 1080X2340 pixels 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, with a notch on the top. The Corning Gorilla glass protects the display.
The toned down version of Xiaomi Mi 9 is for those who do not necessarily need all the features of the flagships, still, want a smaller yet competitive device. Design wise and features wise, the Mi 9 SE is quite similar to its big brother. However, the main standout point of the device is that it packs Snapdragon 712 SoC. The processor is coupled with 6GB of RAM and 64GB Or 128GB of internal storage.
Further, similar to Mi 9, the Mi 9 SE features triple camera setup on the back, with 48MP being the main camera. Along with the main camera, there is a 13MP ultra-wide camera and 8MP telephoto lens, with 2X optical zoom capability.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE price and availability
The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE goes on sales from February 26, 2019. For 6GB+64GB variant, it will cost around $297 and for 6GB+128GB variant will cost $342 only. However, its availability outside China is still not sure.
Major Highlights of Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
- Display: 5.97 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM712 Snapdragon 712, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- GPU: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Memory: 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Primary Camera:
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 8 MP, f/2.4 (telephoto), PDAF
- Secondary Camera: 20 MP f/2.0, HDR
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3070 mAh battery
- Colors: Violet, Blue, Black