Oppo is a Chinese electronics manufacturer based in Dongguan, Guangdong. Its major product lines include smartphones, Blu-ray players, and other electronic devices. Globally registered in 2001 and founded in 2004, the company has registered the OPPO brand name in many parts of the world. And, nowadays it is more known for quality smartphones.
Oppo launched a new mid-range smartphone – Oppo A57, yesterday in their home country – China. It will be available from December 12 in China at the price of NRs.26000 roughly. This phone comes in a couple of colors – Rose Gold and Gold. However, there is no word about launching Oppo A57 in other markets. The main feature of this phone is the front facing camera, actually made for taking selfies. I think, this is probably the highest megapixel camera ever built for selfies in a smartphone (One Plus 3T also has).
- 1 X 72.9 X 7.65 mm, weighing 147 grams
- Dual –SIM
- 4G LTE, GPRS/EDGE
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Octa-core 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 SoC
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 5.2-inch (720 X 1280 pixel) display with 2.5D curved glass
- 16 – megapixel front facing camera for selfies, f/2.0 aperture
- 13 – megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 and PDAF along with a LED flash
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage, expandable up to 128 GB via memory card
- Fingerprint scanner
- 2900mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (ColorOS 3.0)
Actually, other than front facing camera, it does not have any other impressive specifications.
Telecell Pvt. Ltd. is the authorized dealer for the Oppo smartphones for Nepal. Actually, there were no words about launching this phone in other markets, we can expect that it will take some time to cross the Great Himalayas.