Oppo launched a new mid-range smartphone OPPO A79 in the A series in China. It features a full View display, the aspect ratio of 18:9. The design looks similar to new OPPO R11s, but the specifications are similar to recently launched OPPO F5.
The phone has 6” OLED screen with a resolution of 2180X1080 pixel, an aspect ratio of 2:1 (18:9), surrounded by thin bezels.
The phone is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 chipset, 2.5GHz Octa-core Cortex A53 CPU and 4GB of RAM. To store the media files, it packs 64GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card. To back up the internals it has a non-removable 3000mAh battery.
In the optics department, it has a pair of 16-megapixel on the back and front. Just like the F5, the OPPO A79 boasts AI-enhanced beautification capabilities for its more than decent selfie shooter, as well as speedy fingerprint and facial recognition. There is the fingerprint scanner just below the camera at the back.
The phone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Color OS 3.2 on the top. The phone will go on sale from December 1, 2017. However, it will be available only China, with Champagne and Black color versions at $365 (Rs. 38,000 approximately). It is unclear if it will reach any other markets. If it does, it will cannibalize the sales of OPPO F5.
- 6.0-inch OLED, 2180X1080 pixel resolution.
- 2.5GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P23
- Android 7.1.1, Color OS 3.2
- 4GB of RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card
- 16-megapixel camera with F/1.8 aperture primary camera
- 16-megapixel camera with F/2.0 aperture secondary camera
- Non-removable 300mAh battery
- $365 (Rs. 38,000 approximately)
- Champagne and Black color
Discussion about this post