Huawei, a Chinese company, one of the world’s leader in supplying smartphone. On the run to be on the top of smartphone supplier, yesterday Huawei unveiled a limited edition version of new Huawei Mate 9 phablet, created in partnership with Porsche, at an event in Munich.
The phablet is 5.5 –inch curved Quad HD display with a physical home button. Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Business Consumer Group said “Porsche Design is synonymous with excellence in innovation, unique design and perfection. The Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 sets a new benchmark in design and performance.”
Specification are as follows:
- Network: GSM/ HSPA /LTE
- Dimensions: 152 mm X 75 mm X 7.5 mm
- SIM : Single SIM (Nano SIM)
- Display: 5.5 inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Wi-Fi Direct support. Bluetooth 4.2, BLE support. USB Type-C (Hi-Speed USB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- CPU : Octa-Core (4X2.4 Ghz Cortex – A73 & 4X1.8GHZ Cortex – A53)
- Memory: 256 GB ROM and 6GB of RAM
- Camera: Dual 20MP + 12 MP, f/2.2, OIS, 2X zoom, Leica optics, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash,
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.9, 1080p
- Sensor: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, with fast battery charge
However, like regular Mate 9, the new Mate 9 Porsche design does not supports the external memory card. This phone comes only in Graphite Black color.
The overall design and specifications is eye-catching, however the price is way high, it will cost around $1544 which is round NRs. 163,000. The company will roll out Porsche Design stores worldwide (excluding the USA) in January 2017 and select retail stores in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Although, an average Nepali will not be able to afford this phone, still it’s quite interesting to see these type of phones. Isn’t it?