Just a few days ago, the Samsung launched Galaxy Fold, and now the Huawei launches the Mate X. The difference between them is that the Galaxy Folds inside, while Huawei Mate X folds outside. Besides the folding features, it also supports 5G connectivity.
Talking about the device, it measures 8inches, 2200 X 2480 pixel display, while it’s folded it measures 6.6 inches 1148 X 2480 pixel. Since the screen is made up to plastic also, durability is yet to be seen, especially whether it will scratch or not.
Inside, there is HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7nm) chipset, with Octa-core processor and Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. The processor is coupled with 8GB of RAM and 510GB of internal storage, expandable up to extra 256GB (Nano-Memory). It runs on Android 9.0 Pie, with EMUI 9.1 on the top.
Talking about the optics department, it packs four cameras, with dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama and HDR feature. The primary camera also doubles as the selfie camera.
A 4,500mAh non-removable battery, charged through the USB Type-C port, powers the device. It comes with 55W SuperCharge that can charge 85% battery in just 30 minutes.
Talking about the pricing, of course, it will not come cheap. The Huawei Mate X will cost you 2,299 Euro (~ $2,600), for 8GB RAM and 512GB internal storage.
Major Specifications of Huawei Mate X
- Display: 8 inches, 2200 x 2480 pixels
- Folded cover display: 6.6″, AMOLED, 1148 x 2480 pixels (19.5:9)
- CPU: Silicon Kirin 980 (7 nm), Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9.1
- Memory: 512 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide)
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto)
- TOF camera
- Secondary Camera: Primary camera works as a selfie camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4,500 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 55W