One of the most anticipated smartphones of 2018 is finally unveiled. Actually, after a series of leaks and speculations, the Note 9 is official, yesterday. Given the specs and features, the Galaxy Note 9 is truly a 2018 smartphone. So, let’s talk about the Galaxy Note 9 price, specs, features and availability.
First of all, let’s highlight some specifications of the device. It measures slightly larger 6.4-inch. 1440X2960 pixel resolution, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, display. Besides, the screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and on the back also. Design-wise, the Galaxy Note 9 is pretty similar to its predecessor. However, the camera and the fingerprint sensor are the little bit adjusted.
Inside, there is Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, which will be available in USA/LATAM and China, and another variant packs Exynos 9810 Octa SoC, with Octa-core CPU and Mali G72 MP18 or Adreno 630 GPU. The processor is paired with 6GB/8GB RAM. To store the media files, there is 128GB or 512GB internal storage variant, expandable up to extra 512GB. You can actually have a Terabyte storage capacity in your pocket. To back up the internals, there is a 4000mAh battery with quick charge 2.0.
It packs “water carbon cooling system” and AI performance tuning feature, to help the device cool and speed up the games or any other high-intensity tasks.
Even though this device is not focused on gaming, still you can game heavily on it. Besides, the company also brings the “water carbon cooling system” and AI performance tuning, to help the device cool and speed up the games or any other high-intensity tasks.
The optics department is also quite 2018, with dual 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom sensors at the back. The main camera at the back also features the dual aperture system and Slo-Mo feature up to 960 fps. The rear camera features LED flash, auto-HDR, and Panorama. For the selfies, there is also an 8-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture. The cameras are AI enables, meaning it can detect the environment like flowers, sky, etc. This AI system is similar to the AI seen in the Huawei devices, like P20 Pro, Nova 3/3i, etc. To be honest, I keep such an AI feature off.
Another feature that interests me on Galaxy Note 9 is the DeX. It is a simple feature, which will allow having a multi-windowed interface as of Galaxy Tab S4. Now, you just need an HDMI adapter, rather than the elaborate dock.
The Samsung S-Pen lets you do more than just doodle on the screen. It can be used as the remote control for the selfies, presentations. Besides, the S-Pen functionality can also be customized by the users as per their own ease. To charge the S-Pen, you don’t need to load batteries or plugin to the charger, just insert inside the device it will charge itself.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price, and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 price starts from $1000 for the 6GB/128GB variant and jumps up to $1200 for the 8GB/512GB variant. It will be available in Ocean Blue, Lavender Purple, Midnight Black, and Metallic Copper color options. For now, you can pre-order the device in the US and will go on sale from 24 August. However, there is no any news or information regarding its launch in Nepal.
There is no doubt that the Galaxy Note 9 is the best Android smartphone of 2018. With Snapdragon 845 SoC, up to 8GB of RAM, 512 GB of internal storage with an expandable memory slot, fingerprint scanner, Iris scanner, its truly a 2018 device. However, Galaxy Note 9 price is one down-side, I think its little bit expensive.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
- Display: 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, HDR10 compliant, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Chipset: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Grace UI
- Primary Camera: 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Secondary Camera: 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Audio: Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 4000mAh with quick charging 2.0 on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
Discussion about this post