On 15th August, Sony released a news about releasing a new software update 4.00 for its console but it’s only a beta and the instruction to download will be mailed to the people who have signed up for public beta program.
Here are some features that will be included in the new update:-
- UI Refresh: With the release of the new OS, the overall UI is kind of changed, some of which you will notice right away.
- Quick Menu: Now you don’t have to leave the gameplay entirely as you press and hold the PS button on your Dual Shock 4. That means only small portion will be covered by the menu on your left side and many more items are added which lets you quick access without going back. And the best part is, you can customize the menu as you like.
- Share menu: Similar to the quick menu, as you click Share Button on your Dual Shock 4, it brings up the share menu that covers only a small portion of the screen.You can also upload longer video clips up to 140 seconds, previously it was only 10 seconds.
- Folder and Library Organization: Now the very interesting and the most requested option to be included was the options to organize content in PS4. Now, with this update the user can create folders in the launcher and Library, which will help to collect user’s favorite games and select app in one place for quick and easy access. They also have added a new tab called Purchased, which will show all content you own.
- Trophy Improvements: You don’t need to worry if you are offline, now you can view entire trophy collection without internet as they have included a new option called “Offline mode”.
According to John Koller, they have also added a button that will let you view the content of a Hidden Trophy.
They also be changing the icons that show how rare a Trophy is. Instead of four boxes that fill, icon looks like pyramid with ultra-rare Trophies at the top.
- User Profile: They also have made changes in the User Profile, now at – a- glance a user can see all relevant information in the profile. For example: you can now see your Trophy progress compared with another player right from their profile.
According to John Koller, “The update has even more features that won’t be available in the beta, so stay tuned for additional info on what to expect. We’ll be back with more info on 4.00, including its launch date, in the coming weeks.”
Discussion about this post